TENANT FEES SCHEDULE
NEW ASSURED SHORTHOLD TENANCIES
(ASTs) SIGNED ON OR AFTER 1 JUNE 2019
One week’s rent. This is to reserve a property. Please Note: This will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantor(s)) withdraw from the tenancy, fail a Rightto-Rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information, or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and / or Deed of Guarantee) within 15 calendar days (or other Deadline for Agreement as mutually agreed in writing).
(per tenancy. Rent
under £50,000 per year)
Five weeks’ rent.
This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy
(per tenancy. Rent of
£50,000 or over per year)
Six weeks’ rent.
This covers damages or defaults on the part of the tenant during the tenancy.
Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from Rent Due Date until paid in order to pursue non-payment of rent. Please Note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than 14 days in arrears.
Lost Key(s) or other
Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15 per hour (inc. VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).
Variation of Contract
£50 (inc. VAT) per agreed variation. To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
Change of Sharer
£50 (inc. VAT) per replacement tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher. To cover the costs associated with taking landlord’s instructions, new tenant referencing and Right-to-Rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
Should the tenant wish to leave their contract early, they shall be liable to the landlord’s costs in re-letting the property as well as all rent due under the tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the tenancy.
LANDLORD FEES AND SERVICES
Charges 10% plus VAT of the rent collected
(for finding tenant)
Charges £240.00 (Inc. VAT)
- Rental valuation and property advice
- Photography and advertising including our own website; markjonesletting.com PLUS zoopla.co.uk and onthemarket.co.uk, local press, “To Let” board where appropriate and our prominent Coventry Street office window display
- Carrying out accompanied viewings where appropriate
- Credit and reference checking prospective tenants
- Preparation of tenancy agreements and taking up and registration of deposits within either “My Deposits” or the “Tenancy Deposit Scheme”
- Rent collection including monthly or quarterly statements as agreed. As members of arla Propertymark we are required to be part of their Client Money Protection Scheme
- Inventory and condition report preparation including photographs. On vacating we will inspect the property and inventory and if required retain any deposit for any dilapidation claims (subject to fair wear and tear) provided there is agreement with the vacating tenant
- Regular inspections – Every three months for the first year of a tenancy and every six months thereafter. A report on each inspection will be provided
- Organising of general maintenance, obtaining estimates (max. two)
- Issuing statutory notices as required
Services available at an additional charges
(all inclusive of VAT)
- Immigration Checking £50.00 plus costs
- Renewing or redrafting of Tenancy Agreements £90.00
- Preparing Inventory/Schedule of Condition: £0.00
- Redirection of mail overseas: cost of postage
- Arranging gas safety check £0.00 plus costs
- Tenancy Deposit Service £20.00 + scheme costs
- Duplication and testing of extra keys £10.00 plus costs
- Issuing Notice of Seeking Possession £120.00
- Additional property visits/inspections £60.00
- Dealing with Deposit Resolution Service £120.00
- Dealing with Insurance Claims £120.00
- Agency Termination Notice (3 months notice required) £210.00 per property
- Duplicate monthly statement £5.00 per statement
- Annual Tax Schedule £24.00
- Administration of NRL tax returns: £90.00 per annum
- Obtaining more than two contactor quotes – (per quote) £20.00
- Management of redecoration/refurbishment/clearing £120.00
- Obtaining estimates and supervision of major works 5% work over £500.00
- Maintenance Repair Limit UK Landlords £100.00
- Maintenance Repair Limit Overseas Landlords £200.00
Any additional services can be requested at an agreed fee rate
Please ask a member of staff if you have any questions about our fees.